Dundon Lifetime 321SS Black (Loud) Muffler Review
Review from Shogun974 on Rennlist:
Shogun has Dundon 997.1 Race Headers and Dual Cone Carbon Airbox
"At idle, sound is suggestive: not that loud but you feel the engine can tell what he thinks.
At low revs and duty, sound is soft. It is even strange how they managed to keep the car that streetable.
When you push it harder, sound is more aggressive and sound level raise. You have some "pop pops", and others appetizers.
At wot...what a glorious sound. It is crystal clear, powerful and you fell like a professional driver in a race. It is quite impossible not to get emotional and having fun. It is organic / orgasmic. It is pure. wow."
Unwrapping from the long flight to Reunion Island
Backside reinforcing plates
"Oooh dad, can't wait for this to be mine one day..."
Bumper off, nice intake!
Broken OEM Muffler, common with 997 and 991 GT3 and RS
Close up of the Broken OEM Muffler (common among 997/991 GT3/RS)
Dundon Lifetime 321SS Muffler next to the OEM muffler
Backside to backside!
Installed, waiting for the bumper to go on!
Close up installed
Bumper and Tips installed!
Here's more on the Dundon Lifetime Muffler from our website:
Most of us have experienced the many issues associated with both the stock Steel and Ti rear mufflers on our beloved 991.2 GT3. cracking, holes, not passing sound etc... We've been reinforcing both the Steel and Ti versions for years after they crack and understand why they fail quite well. We set out to fix the weakness of the OEM center muffler and include an option for those that want their car to pass the more and more prevalent dB restricted tracks without losing power. We finalized the design and have tested at numerous tracks both for longevity and for dB reduction.
We're happy to announce our GT3 Lifetime Center Muffler. It's available in 2 "flavors" Quiet and Loud. The Quiet is for those customers looking for no drone* while cruising and to quiet the car at full boogie to attenuate some of the dB levels on the track or on the street. The Loud is the muffler for those looking for no drone* at cruise, but a pronounced bark when getting on it!
We've tested the Quiet on a 991 GT3 with side muffler deletes that was 104dB before the muffler and passing a 90dB day after . We've tested on a stock 991 GT3 and the car passed where it hadn't previously. And we tested on a 997.2 GT3 that had not passed at Laguna and passed a 90dB day. We've recorded the Orange GT3 Center Muffler in our own testing at 10-12dB reduction over the OEM GT3 Muffler. All of the testing was done on cars WITHOUT GPS Exhaust flap closing devices.
- Lifetime Guaranteed including track use.
- 321 Stainless Steel coupled with a high strength design.
- Quiet has no power loss (up to 450whp engines), sounds great and reduces sound levels 10-12dB over stock.
- Loud less restriction on higher powered cars (>450whp) and wicked flat six waiil!
- 4" rolled exhaust tips in PVD Black are Standard. Titanium Tips are optional! Add our Nurburgring Quiet Tips to further quiet your car down!
- Direct replacement of the OEM muffler, will fit existing modification if they work with the OEM Center Muffler.
- OEM 63mm or 3" lower inlet sizing for increased flow.
* for no drone performance, the cars must maintain valves and use both the upper and lower exhaust paths in the muffler.