991.2 GT3 Dundon 3" Side Deletes & Lifetime Loud Muffler Make Power?
Can Side deletes and a Muffler make power? We know the side deletes and mufffler save about 40lbs and add glorious drone free sound, we needed to test if the combo freed up any power. We thought our 3" Side Deletes and our Lifetime Muffler had a chance. The stock muffler requires a 2.5" inlet, our calculations showed this is likely a restriction over 450whp. Our Lifetime Muffler has a 3" flow path and when mated with our 3" valved side deletes makes an unrestricted path for the stock exhaust! Just needed to test it...
So we did!
The 10whp gain isn't much to shout about, but it's a little bit, the 23lbft gains at 4500 rpm are a bonus we didn't expect.
Lose weight, gain sound, no more split mufflers, and a bit of power!
Here's more on our Lifetime Muffler.
We're happy to announce our GT3 Lifetime Center Muffler. It's available in 2 "flavors" Quiet and Loud. The Quiet is for those customers looking for no drone* while cruising and to quiet the car at full boogie to attenuate some of the dB levels on the track or on the street. The Loud is the muffler for those looking for no drone* at cruise, but a pronounced bark when getting on it!
We've tested the Quiet on a 991 GT3 with side muffler deletes that was 104dB before the muffler and passing a 90dB day after . We've tested on a stock 991 GT3 and the car passed where it hadn't previously. And we tested on a 997.2 GT3 that had not passed at Laguna and passed a 90dB day. We've recorded the Orange GT3 Center Muffler in our own testing at 10-12dB reduction over the OEM GT3 Muffler. All of the testing was done on cars WITHOUT GPS Exhaust flap closing devices.
- Lifetime Guaranteed including track use.
- 321 Stainless Steel coupled with a high strength design.
- Quiet has no power loss (up to 450whp engines), sounds great and reduces sound levels 10-12dB over stock.
- Loud less restriction on higher powered cars (>450whp) and wicked flat six waiil!
- 4" rolled exhaust tips in PVD Black are Standard. Titanium Tips are optional! Add our Nurburgring Quiet Tips to further quiet your car down!
- Direct replacement of the OEM muffler, will fit existing modification if they work with the OEM Center Muffler.
- OEM 63mm or 3" lower inlet sizing for increased flow.
* for no drone performance, the cars must maintain valves and use both the upper and lower exhaust paths in the muffler.